My favourite blogs

Saturday 15 October 2016

Christmas Table runner workshop

I had a very warm welcome from some lovely ladies from Priory Quilters in Royston last Saturday. Marian, Alix, Maureen, Sue, Vivien, Beverly and another Sue had bravely signed up to do my Christmas table runner workshop. 


I supplied most of the fabric which was designed by a Cambridge lass called Jo Clark. Jo's Festive designs were printed by Cloud9 and I pre-cut 60 degree triangles. I used my Accuquilt Go machine which meant every piece had notches to join them together and all the 'dog ears' had been removed. Quilters will know what this jargon means!  




So the ladies laid out all their triangles to mix up the eight prints. 22 triangles in total.


This lady used traditional Christmas fabric... gorgeous rich colours


Lots of pressing



Place the triangle strip on wadding and a base fabric then quilt as desired....


This one was quilted with a red zig zag to mimic the lines of Christmas lights you see on trees. I think beads might be added at a later date.


A very precise layout 


More zig zag quilting



Next, adding appliquéd 'tree trunks'....quite time consuming.....


Placing  the trunks, holly prints...


Red trunks with stars....


Silver trunks...


and green ones . 

This one was almost finished when the long tree trunk strip is stitched onto the triangle trees....you can quilt in the gaps.

The final steps are to complete the quilting, add the backing and stitch on the binding.  Here are the ones I made earlier! 







Onto writing all those Christmas cards, buying presents and thinking about the festive menus.  No pressure then.

  



No comments:

Post a Comment