My favourite blogs

Wednesday 25 November 2015

Work by Katherine Guerrier.

Been to a couple of fascinating meetings with Cambridge Quilters recently. One was given by my heroine Katherine Guerrier who has been a major influence in my quilting journey.  She spoke for quite a long time outlining her personal history with illustrations of many of her amazing quilts. Like many quilters she began before the days of rotary cutters when there were few fabrics on the market to work with. Katherine has a great eye for colour and one of her 'tips' was to never use a fabric for a scrappy quilt that has white in the background. Many quilts use half square triangles and traditional blocks to make a quilt. 

Katherine has influence me to attempt the more 'arty quilt'. The one above was in her Scrappy Quilt book which I bought about five years ago. I realised  that my work tended to come out with pinks, blues and purples so after reading Katherine's book I decided to put together colours I wouldn't normally use.  My green and red logo was one of the results.  Cambridge Quilters is a lovely group.   I joined at the start of 2014 and have made quite a few friends and learnt much. You don't have to be an expert to join and you may attend meetings as a guest for only £5.


No comments:

Post a Comment