My favourite blogs

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Duxford Quilt Show October 2015

As always I went to the October Quilt Show at Duxford. Was rather disappointed to not find Creative Grids in attendance, Serves me right for not checking the list of exhibitors first! Lots of lovely quilts and I instantly recognised this work on the right by Jenny Rolfe. Find her here The whole piece is shown top right. It's made up of many individual pieces held together with ribbon. The other photos are of some of the units. I really love the colours Jenny has used and how she incorporates applique and embroidery. I was very fortunate to attend a couple of workshops run by Jenny at The Bramble Patch .  My piece is shown below. I am inspired to do more on this sort of embroidery, especially (fingers crossed) that my sewing machine is cooperating very well in free motion stitching mode.


Fabrics applied used Bondaweb to Pelmet vilene. More fabric added using applique techniques with ribbon, beads and buttons.  Very time consuming to add the ribbon to hold it all together and even harder to stitch on all the heart shaped buttons. Machine embroidery added to complete. Here's a close up.






No comments:

Post a Comment