My favourite blogs

Saturday 17 September 2016

Bramble Patch Box of Delights

I've always been a big fan of The Bramble Patch shop in Weedon, Northamptonshire.  I've been to several courses, visited exhibitions, bought fabric and even had a few quilts long arm quilted there.  I've never been short of quilting ideas/project but I thought I would join their new initiative called the Bramble Box of Delights. 

You may have seen this idea on the internet from the USA where a patchwork shop will send you a box every month with fabric, perhaps a pattern or a new tool.  The plan is that you will be inspired by what they send you.  The snags with the USA companies are the high expense of postage, the exchange rate not to mention VAT and customs complications. One well know company is called 'The Quilty Box' which is very popular.

 Bramble Patch decided to do their own box and I was pleased to sign up in early August. They are a very well stocked shop and often produce their own patterns so I felt this might be something to give me a new challenge every month. I got a free month by signing up so early and they promise that the contents will always be worth more than the subscription cost. 

So, on the 2nd September this arrived.......



and inside I found......



So in my 'Box of Delights' I found a Moda charm pack with fabric called 'Grand Traverse Bay' designed by Minick & Simpson. It's gorgeous with blue with cream and sand coloured traditional prints inspired by the blue water and sandy beaches by Lake Michigan.  There was a fat quarter called 'Twist' by Dashwood Studios, some 50s silk-finish thread by Mettler (always wanted to try this thread), a measuring gauge to check those  1/4" seams and a pattern to use all of the above to make a cutting mat bag. 


I don't think I will be making the cutting mat bag with the charm pack squares as I already have something to take my A3 mat here and there. But that's the exciting bit...to be inspired to go somewhere new. 




No comments:

Post a Comment