My favourite blogs

Monday 1 February 2016

January 2016 reflections




If there are any followers/readers out there, well I must apologise for the serious lack of posts. It's been a busy post Christmas month. What with the dreaded Tax form, completed on time, phew! I have been fully occupied in the 'day' job of helping run Cambridge Open Studios.  465 members on the 'books' for 2016 and around 288 studios set to be in the summer guide.  The deadline to pay the fee to be in the guide was midnight on the 31st January so I hope I can relax a bit from this work. Only the AGM to get through on the 6th.! 

So, it has been a month of catching up and reflecting on the year that has just gone. I always spend some time writing letters to any friends who added a letter in their Christmas card to me.  On looking back to 2015 I saw just how busy I was. Five exhibitions including jewellery, various voluntary jobs, family, life and hobbies.  I did a tally, and I somehow managed to read 46 novels during the year-not a bad feat I think. I discovered the historical novels of C.J. Sansom set in Tudor times-loved everyone even though some ran to 800 pages. 

The photo I've included was one I found on Twitter posted by Jo Riches of Spirus Marketing. Jo kindly visited my studio last July and I accidently found the photo on Twitter. I really mean "accidently" found as I have come to think that Twitter is pointless as it is like finding a tiny needle in a trillion haystacks. 

After some thought I have decided to give a few things up and declutter my life.  Handed in my notice to the gym (no time to go and have taken up walking instead), decided not to go to the Thursday lacemaking group and stopped delivering newspapers for a (nameless) political party - not sure how I got into that!  There are a couple of other things I may give up later on, I'll see. 

You might ask, what about the creative work then Marion?  I attended Cambridge Quilters the other week and did a piece for the Chairman's Challenge for 2016. More of this later on. Did I mention I'm working with another member to re do their website?  I've also been working hard in preparing some samples ready for a Christmas table runner workshop in the autumn.  I do like to be organised ! I've also been perfecting how to restring pearls and made a few necklaces in preparation for July Open Studios. 

 Christmas table runner using fabric designed by my friend Jo Clark.



No comments:

Post a Comment