My favourite blogs

Monday 24 June 2019

A special commission

I always enjoy the challenge of designing and making something special for a friend or client. My friend had become a grandmother for the second time around so could I make something special for this one? Of course I could, but not another baby quilt.....a named cushion/pillow was required. I soon realised that such a long name would take ages using the turned-under appliqué method. After a bit of a trial and error, decided on the raw edge fused method.  All the letters cut out in reverse using bond-a-web The background fabric was a great find at the October 18 Knitting & Stitching Show. A textured fabric in grey with a sliver sparkle running through it. Simple quilting and binding and the job was done. 



The reverse of the pillow showing the loops and toggle buttons. Another satisfied customer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment