My favourite blogs

Sunday 10 May 2020

Pineapple Bed Quilt


My biggest quilt began over a year ago when I saw a tutorial by the Missouri Star Quilting Company. I usually do my own designs but I really loved this pineapple quilt made with 1 1/2" strips in white and solid multi colours. 

A pineapple block is simply a variation of the well known log cabin technique where you add strips around a centre. Here I began with a central square of colour bordered in white on first two sides, then the opposite.  With 100 blocks to go, I made a start....using my new Janome sewing machine. 




Seams pressed to the colour and the white added to complete the first round. 




First round completed, pressed and trimmed 




This images shows the third round being added 



Fifth round added and trimmed up - ever so easy to chop off the wrong bits! 


Each of the 100 blocks was in a different colour arrangement. I try not to 'over think' the layout but the task is made easier if you take photographs to view how the colours come together.




My finished quilt on display with it's proud owner at an exhibition hosted by Cambridge Quilters. It now lives on my bed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment