My favourite blogs

Sunday 1 January 2017

Reflections and future plans

Not much going on at the moment in my 'creative' life; what with Christmas entertaining and being stuck indoors with a bad cold.  it's a good time though to reflect on the year that has come to a end.  

My only big piece of work was a quilt commission (pieced but still needs quilting) I have had time to do some design work and think hard about what I want to do next. 

 Teaching has been most enjoyable as well as the couple of talks and workshops I've given. By September though I was feeling in a bit of a creative 'cul de sac' with nothing planned. Teaching my daytime  ladies has giving me a new direction and so many new ideas. Some of these I've posted about recently.  I can't wait to get started on a piece I hope to call 'Midnight Stars'. 

I thought I would end the year by sharing a few quilting memes 


And my favourite next...





So, my readers, I will share some of the 'Quilters Code' I came across recently. You might relate to some of these........


UFO: Unfinished Object

PFC: Professional Fabric Collector

STABLE: Stash Accumulaton Beyond Life Expectancy

WITHWIT: What the heck was I thinking?

WOMBAT: Waste of Money, Batting and Time

PHD: Project Half Done

PGB: Projects in Grocery Bags

and finally

QFF:Quilting Friends Forever.



I wish you all a very happy and creative 2017. 











No comments:

Post a Comment