My favourite blogs

Monday 4 April 2016

Animal Quilt


Wandering around the Duxford Quilt Show recently I was drawn to a panel of animal prints. I thought my grandson might like this especially as the colour orange was much in evidence. Despite my promise to myself not to buy any more fabric-well I couldn't resist could I?



Big bits


Smaller bits



Sebastian trying out the finished quilt/wall hanging. Note how his jumper coordinates so well with the quilt. He's demonstrating how to be a baby!



I decided to go for a quite simple method of quilting so I did some free motion quilting in a sort of 'scribbling or loopy effect'. I quite deliberately stitched over the lines to achieve a more casual look.  I made a narrow binding, stitched on using the usual method with mitred corners. I quite enjoy hand stitching the binding on.


The finished quilt, approximately one metre square

No comments:

Post a Comment